Craig Downs and Koken Art Factory Present
Artist Craig Downs and The Koken Art Factory cordially invite you to submit artwork for our September show entitled Vincent. Vincent van Gogh is one of the most influential artists of all time. His works have inspired thousands of artists since his death and still challenge the common views on beauty, individuality, and style in art today. This show will be an opportunity for you, as an artist, to share your interpretation of, or your inspiration from, the great works of Vincent van Gogh. Whether you are inspired to re-create one his great works, or to produce something in your own style and medium which has been inspired by his work, you are invited and encouraged to submit your artwork for this unique showing opportunity.
Event Date: Saturday September 15, 2012 Koken Art Factory 7pm – 1am Admission: $7
Submission Deadline - September 01
Acceptance Notification - September 05
**Please read the following instructions very carefully. If you have any questions please send them via email to email@example.com **
- Each artist may submit up to 4 pieces
- All submitted images must be jpegs. Send all entries in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Total size of email cannot exceed the maximum of 25MB.
- Only one image will be needed for flat art. You may send two images of 3-D works if you feel it is necessary.
- Image files should be titled as such: lastname_first name_nameofpiece.jpg (i.e. doe_john_mypainting.jpg)
- Your email should include the following: Your name, address, phone number, email address, the number of pieces submitted, name, media, size in inches and price of each piece.
- There is no cost for submitting work. If your work is accepted there will be a $20 entry fee per artist payable in cash only at the time of drop-off.
- All accepted work must be ready for display. All flat work must be framed with a wire across the back. Gallery Wrapped canvases need not be framed but must also have a wire across the back. No saw tooth hangers or other forms of hanging will be accepted. We will not pin or tape up work. If 3-D works require a pedestal, this will need to be provided by the artist.
- Any work deemed difficult to install will not be accepted. Please note that we cannot hang work from the ceiling.
- All accepted artwork must be dropped off and picked up in person. We cannot receive or send shipments of artwork. Drop-off and Pick-up dates will be provided at time of acceptance notification.
- Neither Craig Downs nor Koken Art Factory will handle the sale of art. Each artist is responsible for managing the sale of their own work. No commission of such sales will be taken by Craig Downs or the Koken Art Factory; each artist will keep 100% of their sales.